Jump to Main Content
- M. Aghighi Shahverdi; H. Omidi; H. Mosanaiey; M. Pessarakli; S. E. Mousavi; M. Ghasemzadeh
- Journal of plant nutrition 2019 v.42 no.10 pp. 1125-1132
- Stevia; catalase; environmental factors; enzyme activity; peroxidase; proline; protein content; seed germination; seedling growth; seedlings; superoxide dismutase; temperature; vigor
- ... Light and temperature are among the environmental factors affecting germination of seeds and seedling growth. Therefore, this experiment was carried out to evaluate the effect of light (light, dark, and combined light and dark) and temperature (15, 20, 25, and 30 °C) treatments on seed germination indices and physiological traits of stevia. With increasing temperature to 25 °C, percentage and rate ...
- Lei Zhao; Huaqing Yang; Meili Xu; Xin Wang; Chengtao Wang; Yunhe Lian; Arshad Mehmood; Haochen Dai
- Journal of functional foods 2019 v.52 pp. 587-595
- Stevia; acetylcholinesterase; antioxidant activity; blood serum; brain; catalase; chlorogenic acid; galactose; gene expression; gene expression regulation; glutathione peroxidase; heme oxygenase (biliverdin-producing); liquid chromatography; liver; malondialdehyde; messenger RNA; mice; models; oxidative stress; protein synthesis; quinones; superoxide dismutase; tandem mass spectrometry
- ... The present study investigated the effect of Stevia residue extract (SRE) against oxidative stress in d-galactose (d-gal) induced aging mice. LC-MS/MS analysis revealed that SRE is a good source of chlorogenic acids. Biochemical results showed that SRE significantly increased the activities of superoxide dismutase (SOD), catalase (CAT), glutathione peroxidase (GPx) and total antioxidant capacity ( ...