Jump to Main Content
- Juan Tamayo-Cabezas; Salwa Karboune
- Process biochemistry 2019 v.79 pp. 81-90
- Humicola insolens; acylation; catalytic activity; emulsions; epoxides; ferulic acid; feruloyl esterase; magnetism; microparticles; nanoparticles; raffinose; substrate specificity
- ... Ferulic acid acylation of oligosaccharides catalyzed by feruloyl esterases (FAE) is a promising route to produce feruloylated oligosaccharides. However, modulation of FAE synthetic properties is a key step to improve the acylation. The efficiency of H. insolens FAE to catalyze the feruloylation in six different surfactantless microemulsions reaction systems was evaluated. The highest yield (57%) w ...
- Antonino Biundo; Raditya Subagia; Michael Maurer; Doris Ribitsch; Per-Olof Syrén; Georg M. Guebitz
- RSC advances 2019 v.9 no.62 pp. 36217-36226
- Humicola insolens; Thermobifida; amidase; amides; biocatalysts; catalytic activity; cutinase; depolymerization; engineering; enzyme activity; hydrogen bonding; hydrolysis; microplastics; molecular dynamics; nylon; polyamides; polyethylene terephthalates; recycling
- ... The recalcitrance of plastics like nylon and other polyamides contributes to environmental problems (e.g. microplastics in oceans) and restricts possibilities for recycling. The fact that hitherto discovered amidases (EC 3.5.1. and 3.5.2.) only show no, or low, activity on polyamides currently obstructs biotechnological-assisted depolymerization of man-made materials. In this work, we capitalized ...