Jump to Main Content
- Jablonski, Kevin E.; Meiman, Paul J.
- Rangeland ecology & management 2019 v.72 no.5 pp. 768-772
- poisonous plants, etc ; Delphinium geyeri; alkaloids; best management practices; cattle; death; forage; grazing; grazing management; habitats; herds; lethal dose; poisoning; rangelands; roots; Western United States; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... The many species of larkspur (Delphinium spp. L.) are among the most dangerous poisonous plants on rangelands in the western United States, causing death losses estimated at 2−5% (up to 15%) per year for cattle grazing in larkspur habitat. Other effects, such as altered grazing management practices and consequent lost forage quantity and quality, are significant but poorly understood. Current best ...
- Serodio, Juliana J.; Silva Castro, Luma T.; Morais, Tábata L.; Ferreira de Sant’Ana, Fabiano J.; Juliano, Raquel Soares; Junqueira Borges, José Renato; Soares Fioravanti, Maria C.; Jorge da Cunha, Paulo H.
- Toxicon 2019
- poisonous plants, etc ; Nellore; Palicourea marcgravii; acute toxicity; albumins; aspartate transaminase; cattle; creatinine; death; fibrinogen; gamma-glutamyltransferase; geographical distribution; histopathology; hyperglycemia; males; mortality; oral administration; palatability; poisoning; protein content; urea; Brazil; Show all 22 Subjects
- ... Palicourea marcgravii is the most important toxic plant in Brazil due to its acute toxicity (sudden death), palatability, cumulative effect and broad geographical distribution. The study aimed to evaluate the resistance between cattle of different breeds by experimental intoxication of P. marcgravii. Eighteen males were randomly divided into three groups (Nellore, Curraleiro Pe-Duro and Pantaneiro ...