Jump to Main Content
- Alizadeh, Sanaz; Ghoshal, Subhasis; Comeau, Yves
- The Science of the total environment 2019 v.647 pp. 1199-1210
- public water supply, etc ; atomic absorption spectrometry; bioavailability; biofilm; chemical oxygen demand; exposure duration; moving bed biofilm reactors; nanosilver; organic matter; polyvinylpyrrolidone; risk; silver; silver chloride; toxicity; viability; wastes; wastewater treatment; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... Municipal water resource recovery facilities are the primary recipients of a significant fraction of discharged silver nanoparticle (AgNP)-containing wastes, yet the fate and potential risks of AgNPs in attached-growth biological wastewater treatment processes are poorly understood. The fate and inhibitory effects of polyvinylpyrrolidone (PVP)-coated AgNPs at environmentally-relevant nominal conce ...
- Ji, Xiyan; Li, Huimin; Zhang, Jibiao; Saiyin, Hexige; Zheng, Zheng
- Journal of hazardous materials 2019 v.365 pp. 483-493
- public water supply, etc ; Chlorella; DNA methylation; ammonium; chemical oxygen demand; municipal wastewater; nuclear genome; organic matter; orthophosphates; phosphorus; pollution control; stress tolerance; total nitrogen; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... In this study, the effects of nutrient and dissolved organic matter removal, stress resistance (DNA methylation), and the algae-bacteria dynamic ratio of algal-bacterial consortia in actual municipal wastewater were investigated. Results indicate that the presence of a Chlorella vulgaris-Bacillus licheniformis consortium had profound effects. The removal rates of total nitrogen, ammonium, orthopho ...