Jump to Main Content
- Minh Hai, Dang; Umeda, Shinya; Yuhi, Masatoshi
- Water 2019 v.11 no.9
- aerial photography; anthropogenic activities; dams (hydrology); data collection; empirical models; rivers; sediments; spatial variation; surveys; temporal variation; topography; watersheds; Japan
- ... Long-term variation in the morphological characteristics of rivers is complicated as a result of temporally and spatially variable natural processes and anthropogenic disturbances. Better understanding of their relationship is therefore important for river basin management. The present study conducted a detailed analysis of a long-term dataset consisting of a 58-year topographic survey and related ...
- Saito, Hiroaki; Hashimoto, Hiroshi; Hino, Teruaki; Motokawa, Masaharu
- Mammal study 2019 v.44 no.1 pp. 1-11
- concrete; dams (hydrology); rivers; sediments; shrews; streams; surveys; Japan
- ... The concrete walls of check dams are considered a physical barrier for aquatic and semiaquatic animals that inhabit mountain streams. Traveling behaviors around concrete check dams by the Japanese water shrew Chimarrogale platycephalus, a semi-aquatic mammal, were directly observed via radio-tracking in Kamikoshi Stream in central Honshu, Japan. Traveling behaviors were mainly observed on the wet ...