Jump to Main Content
- Gursul, Sevilay; Karabulut, Ihsan; Durmaz, Gokhan
- Food chemistry 2019 v.278 pp. 805-810
- walnut oil, etc ; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; carvacrol; dose response; emulsions; freeze drying; microencapsulation; ovens; oxidative stability; sodium; thymol; triacylglycerols; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... Antioxidant efficiency of thymol and carvacrol in walnut oil triacylglycerols (WO-TAGs) was investigated. WO-TAGs alone or fortified with thymol/carvacrol were emulsified with sodium caseinate-lactose mixture. Oxidative stability of freeze dried emulsions was assessed via Rancimat and accelerated oven tests. Bulk WO-TAGs with and without thymol/carvacrol were also tested for comparison. Higher ind ...
- Jie, Yu; Zhao, Hongfei; Sun, Xiaoqi; Lv, Xinran; Zhang, Zhuo; Zhang, Bolin
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 2019 v.99 no.6 pp. 3078-3085
- walnut oil, etc ; Caragana; antioxidant activity; autoxidation; bioeconomics; droplets; emulsions; linoleic acid; lipid peroxidation; liquids; molecular dynamics; peptides; phenolic compounds; polyunsaturated fatty acids; protein hydrolysates; protein sources; seeds; superoxide anion; trees; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: Peptides can act as antioxidants in emulsion, although the mechanism involved is poorly understood. Caragana ambigua seed is a potential protein source for which the commercial applications have not been explored yet. In the present study, we aimed to evaluate the bio‐economic potential of C. ambigua by isolating and characterizing antioxidative peptides from the protein hydrolysate of ...