Jump to Main Content
- Jie, Yu; Zhao, Hongfei; Sun, Xiaoqi; Lv, Xinran; Zhang, Zhuo; Zhang, Bolin
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 2019 v.99 no.6 pp. 3078-3085
- walnut oil, etc ; Caragana; antioxidant activity; autoxidation; bioeconomics; droplets; emulsions; linoleic acid; lipid peroxidation; liquids; molecular dynamics; peptides; phenolic compounds; polyunsaturated fatty acids; protein hydrolysates; protein sources; seeds; superoxide anion; trees; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: Peptides can act as antioxidants in emulsion, although the mechanism involved is poorly understood. Caragana ambigua seed is a potential protein source for which the commercial applications have not been explored yet. In the present study, we aimed to evaluate the bio‐economic potential of C. ambigua by isolating and characterizing antioxidative peptides from the protein hydrolysate of ...
- Baysan, Ulaş; Yıldırım, Aslı; Konuk Takma, Dilara; Koç, Mehmet
- Journal of food process engineering 2019 v.42 no.1 pp. e12945
- walnut oil, etc ; bioactive compounds; byproducts; emulsifying; emulsions; experimental design; food industry; functional foods; homogenization; ingredients; lipid content; lipid peroxidation; oxidation; oxidative stability; phytosterols; polyglycerol polyricinoleate; polyunsaturated fatty acids; shelf life; stabilizers; tocopherols; viscosity; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... In the present study, the effect of homogenization conditions (homogenization rate: 10,000–17,500 rpm; homogenization time: 5–10 min) and stabilizer (polyglycerol polyricinoleate [PGPR]: 1–3% oil content) ratio on the physical and chemical stability of walnut oil in water emulsions was investigated based on CCRD experimental design. Results showed that the incorporation of PGPR led to a decrease i ...