Jump to Main Content
- Baysan, Ulaş; Yıldırım, Aslı; Konuk Takma, Dilara; Koç, Mehmet
- Journal of food process engineering 2019 v.42 no.1 pp. e12945
- walnut oil, etc ; bioactive compounds; byproducts; emulsifying; emulsions; experimental design; food industry; functional foods; homogenization; ingredients; lipid content; lipid peroxidation; oxidation; oxidative stability; phytosterols; polyglycerol polyricinoleate; polyunsaturated fatty acids; shelf life; stabilizers; tocopherols; viscosity; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... In the present study, the effect of homogenization conditions (homogenization rate: 10,000–17,500 rpm; homogenization time: 5–10 min) and stabilizer (polyglycerol polyricinoleate [PGPR]: 1–3% oil content) ratio on the physical and chemical stability of walnut oil in water emulsions was investigated based on CCRD experimental design. Results showed that the incorporation of PGPR led to a decrease i ...
- Gursul, Sevilay; Karabulut, Ihsan; Durmaz, Gokhan
- Food chemistry 2019 v.278 pp. 805-810
- walnut oil, etc ; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; carvacrol; dose response; emulsions; freeze drying; microencapsulation; ovens; oxidative stability; sodium; thymol; triacylglycerols; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... Antioxidant efficiency of thymol and carvacrol in walnut oil triacylglycerols (WO-TAGs) was investigated. WO-TAGs alone or fortified with thymol/carvacrol were emulsified with sodium caseinate-lactose mixture. Oxidative stability of freeze dried emulsions was assessed via Rancimat and accelerated oven tests. Bulk WO-TAGs with and without thymol/carvacrol were also tested for comparison. Higher ind ...