Jump to Main Content
- Juan Tamayo-Cabezas, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Process biochemistry 2019 v.79 pp. 81-90
- Humicola insolens; acylation; catalytic activity; emulsions; epoxides; ferulic acid; feruloyl esterase; magnetism; microparticles; nanoparticles; raffinose; substrate specificity
- ... Ferulic acid acylation of oligosaccharides catalyzed by feruloyl esterases (FAE) is a promising route to produce feruloylated oligosaccharides. However, modulation of FAE synthetic properties is a key step to improve the acylation. The efficiency of H. insolens FAE to catalyze the feruloylation in six different surfactantless microemulsions reaction systems was evaluated. The highest yield (57%) w ...
- Darío M. Cabezas, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Food hydrocolloids 2019 v.95 pp. 445-453
- adsorption; dispersions; electrostatic interactions; emulsifying; emulsions; freeze-thaw cycles; heat; hydrocolloids; hydrophobicity; light scattering; nanoparticles; pH; particle size; polysaccharides; protein content; rheology; soybeans; sunflower oil; surface tension; turbidity; viscoelasticity; whey protein isolate; zeta potential
- ... In this article, the freeze-thaw stability of emulsions prepared with nanoparticles assembled from mixtures of whey protein isolate (WPI, 2.0% w/w) and soluble soybean polysaccharides (SSPS, 0.5% w/w) was assessed. The assembly was performed by pH adjustment to 3.0 without and with heating (90 °C, 15 min). Moreover, the order of addition of SSPS to proteins, before or after heating, was also studi ...