Jump to Main Content
- Dainis N. Vera; Ana M. Jiménez-Carvelo; Luis Cuadros-Rodríguez; Itziar Ruisánchez; M. Pilar Callao
- Talanta 2019 v.203 pp. 194-202
- aerosols; chemometrics; cultivars; data collection; extra-virgin olive oil; flame ionization; liquid chromatography; models; multivariate analysis; protected designation of origin; provenance; temperature; Spain
- ... This paper proposes to use chromatographic fingerprints coupled to multivariate techniques to authenticate the geographical origin of extra-virgin olive oils (EVOO) of the Arbequina botanical variety. This methodology uses the whole or part of the chromatogram as input data for the classification models but does not identify or quantify the chemicals constituents.Arbequina monovarietal EVOOs from ...
- Deborah Pacetti; Serena Scortichini; Maria Chiara Boarelli; Dennis Fiorini
- Food control 2019 v.102 pp. 240-244
- detection limit; extra-virgin olive oil; flame ionization; rapid methods; squalene; vegetables
- ... Olive oil is one of the main vegetable sources of squalene, substance with several interesting properties and applications. This work aims to present and validate a rapid method to quantify squalene in olive oil by gas chromatography (GC) coupled with flame ionization detector and to apply the method to extra virgin olive oils (EVOOs) and olive oils (OOs) from large scale distribution retail, and ...