Jump to Main Content
- Maxwell K Boakye; Edward D Wiafe; Meyir Y Ziekah
- Ostrich 2019 v.90 no.2 pp. 111-118
- beak; bones; brain; claws; diabetes; feathers; headache; humans; ingredients; questionnaires; rheumatoid arthritis; therapeutics; traditional medicine; vultures; Ghana
- ... Vultures form an important ingredient used by traditional medicinal practitioners for the preparation of their therapeutic remedies. The aim of this study was to determine the vulture body parts used for alleviating human ailments by traditional medicinal practitioners in Ghana. Data on the vulture body parts used and human ailments used to alleviate were collected from 28 traditional medicinal pr ...
- Gisela González-Hein; Isabel Aguirre Gil; Rodolfo Sanchez; Bernardo Huaracan
- Journal of avian medicine and surgery 2019 v.33 no.2 pp. 141-149
- Aves polyomavirus 1; Beak and feather disease virus; beak; bird diseases; birds; feathers; genes; genetic variation; hosts; polymerase chain reaction; Chile
- ... Avian polyomavirus disease and psittacine beak and feather disease (PBFD) are both contagious viral diseases in psittacine birds with similar clinical manifestations and characterized by abnormal feathers. To determine the prevalence of Aves polyomavirus 1 (APyV) and beak and feather disease virus (BFDV) in captive, exotic psittacine birds in Chile, feathers from 250 psittacine birds, representing ...