Jump to Main Content
- Ucan-Mézquita, A.; Jimenez-Coello, M.; Guzmán-Marín, E.; Gutierrez-Blanco, E.; Chan-Pérez, J.I.; Travi, B.L.; Hernandez-Cortazar, I.; Ortega-Pacheco, A.
- Veterinary parasitology 2019 v.276 pp. 108978
- fipronil, etc ; Chagas disease; Rhodnius prolixus; blood; clinical trials; dog diseases; dogs; imagos; insects; mortality; permethrin; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... A controlled clinical trial was carried out to assess the mortality and repellency of a new topical combination of fipronil-permethrin (Effitix® Virbac, Mexico) against Rhodnius prolixus in dogs. Ten medium-size dogs (10−15 kg) with short hair were used. The dogs were exposed to 8 adult triatomines once weekly for 7 weeks. On the control day (D0), the dogs were exposed to the insects without treat ...
- Becker, Simone; Webster, Anelise; Doyle, Rovaina L.; Martins, João Ricardo; Reck, José; Klafke, Guilherme M.
- Ticks and tick-borne diseases 2019 v.10 no.5 pp. 1046-1050
- fipronil, etc ; Rhipicephalus sanguineus; acaricide resistance; chemical treatment; deltamethrin; dog diseases; dogs; females; ivermectin; larvae; lethal concentration 50; metropolitan areas; mortality; pets; tick-borne diseases; ticks; variance; Brazil; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... Rhipicephalus sanguineus sensu stricto (s.s.), the temperate lineage of the brown dog tick, is the most common tick found on dogs from urban areas in Rio Grande do Sul (RS) state, southern Brazil. Chemical treatments against ticks are important to control this pest, but can lead to selection for acaricide resistance. Unfortunately, little is known about acaricide resistance in this tick species in ...