Jump to Main Content
- Fundova, Irena; Funda, Tomas; Wu, Harry X.
- Forests 2019 v.10 no.6
- wood quality, etc ; Pinus sylvestris; X-radiation; acoustics; bark; breeding programs; conifers; forest trees; genetic correlation; growth traits; heritability; modulus of elasticity; phenotypic correlation; plant improvement; sawlogs; wood density; wood mechanical properties; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... Wood stiffness is an important wood mechanical property that predetermines the suitability of sawn timber for construction purposes. Negative genetic correlations between wood stiffness and growth traits have, however, been reported for many conifer species including Scots pine. It is, therefore, important that breeding programs consider wood stiffness and growth traits simultaneously. The study a ...
- Mori, Hideki; Ueno, Saneyoshi; Ujino-Ihara, Tokuko; Fujiwara, Takeshi; Yamashita, Kana; Kanetani, Seiichi; Endo, Ryota; Matsumoto, Asako; Uchiyama, Kentaro; Matsui, Yukari; Yoshida, Takahiro; Sakai, Yoshimi; Moriguchi, Yoshinari; Kusano, Ryouichi; Tsumura, Yoshihiko
- Tree genetics & genomes 2019 v.15 no.3 pp. 43
- wood quality, etc ; Cryptomeria japonica var. japonica; environmental impact; forest trees; genetic variation; genomics; heartwood; modulus of elasticity; phenotype; quantitative trait loci; reproductive performance; sapwood; tree and stand measurements; tree growth; tree height; water content; wood; wood strength; Japan; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... Genomic regions which affected tree growth and wood property traits were investigated in the major plantation tree of Japan, Cryptomeria japonica, in three replicated common garden experiments planted in contrasting environments in Kyushu and Honshu, Japan. Phenotypic traits measured were stem diameter at breast height, tree height, wood strength (Young’s modulus), heartwood density, sapwood densi ...