Jump to Main Content
- Weber, Saskia; Damerow, Lutz; Kunz, Achim; Blanke, Michael
- Journal of plant physiology 2019 v.233 pp. 52-57
- harvesting, etc ; anthocyanins; apples; canopy; color; fruits; hail nets; photosynthetically active radiation; reflective mulches; ripening; trees; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... With the increasing use of hailnets and decrease in light availability in the ripening period of apple fruit, insufficient light exposure often causes poor colouration viz anthocyanin synthesis on certain parts of the fruit and on certain fruit within the tree. The aim of this study was to investigate the potential of improving anthocyanin synthesis, in terms of fruit colouration, the major incent ...
- Sabzi, Sajad; Abbaspour-Gilandeh, Yousef; García-Mateos, Ginés; Ruiz-Canales, Antonio; Molina-Martínez, José Miguel; Arribas, Juan Ignacio
- Agronomy 2019 v.9 no.2
- harvesting, etc ; Malus domestica; aerial photography; algorithms; apples; color; computer vision; crop coefficient; cultivars; data collection; fruits; irrigation; markets; neural networks; nondestructive methods; orchards; ripening; water stress; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... The estimation of the ripening state in orchards helps improve post-harvest processes. Picking fruits based on their stage of maturity can reduce the cost of storage and increase market outcomes. Moreover, aerial images and the estimated ripeness can be used as indicators for detecting water stress and determining the water applied during irrigation. Additionally, they can also be related to the c ...