Jump to Main Content
- Xiong, Ya; Peng, Cheng; Grimstad, Lars; From, Pål Johan; Isler, Volkan
- Computers and electronics in agriculture 2019 v.157 pp. 392-402
- harvesting, etc ; Fragaria ananassa; algorithms; cameras; color; cultivars; farms; field experimentation; fruits; screening; strawberries; vision; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... This paper presents the development and evaluation of a robot for harvesting strawberries (Fragaria × ananassa) grown on table-tops in polytunnels. The robot is comprised of a newly-designed gripper mounted on an industrial arm which in turn is mounted on a mobile base along with an RGB-D camera. The novel cable-driven gripper can open fingers to “swallow” a target. Since it is designed to target ...
- Sabzi, Sajad; Abbaspour-Gilandeh, Yousef; García-Mateos, Ginés; Ruiz-Canales, Antonio; Molina-Martínez, José Miguel; Arribas, Juan Ignacio
- Agronomy 2019 v.9 no.2
- harvesting, etc ; Malus domestica; aerial photography; algorithms; apples; color; computer vision; crop coefficient; cultivars; data collection; fruits; irrigation; markets; neural networks; nondestructive methods; orchards; ripening; water stress; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... The estimation of the ripening state in orchards helps improve post-harvest processes. Picking fruits based on their stage of maturity can reduce the cost of storage and increase market outcomes. Moreover, aerial images and the estimated ripeness can be used as indicators for detecting water stress and determining the water applied during irrigation. Additionally, they can also be related to the c ...