Jump to Main Content
- Moreira, David, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Thejournal of eukaryotic microbiology 2019 v.66 no.6 pp. 892-898
- centrioles; eukaryotic cells; fungi; genes; monophyly; parasites; ribosomal RNA; sporangia; ultrastructure; zoospores
- ... Fungi encompass, in addition to classically well‐studied lineages, an ever‐expanding diversity of poorly known lineages that include, among others, zoosporic chytrid‐like parasites. According to recent phylogenetic analysis based on 18S + 28S rRNA concatenated genes two unusual chytrid‐like fungi Amoeboradix gromovi and Sanchytrium tribonematis form a monophyletic group, the family Sanchytriaceae, ...
- Moreira, David, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Environmental microbiology reports 2019 v.11 no.3 pp. 464-473
- Cercozoa; Ciliophora; DNA barcoding; databases; ecosystems; eukaryotic cells; fungi; invertebrates; limestone; methane; methanogens; methanotrophs; oxygen; parasitism; phylogeny; plankton; predation; protists; ribosomal RNA; saprotrophs; sulfur; Black Sea; Romania
- ... Movile Cave is a small system of partially inundated galleries in limestone settings close to the Black Sea in Southeast Romania. Isolated from the surface for 6 million years, its sulfidic, methane and ammonia‐rich waters harbour unique chemosynthetic prokaryotic communities that include sulphur and ammonium‐metabolizing chemolithotrophs, methanogens, methanotrophs and methylotrophs. The cave als ...