Jump to Main Content
- Takada, Ayato, et al. Show all 19 Authors
- International journal for parasitology 2019 v.9 pp. 234-238
- Borrelia; Hipposideros; Trypanosoma cruzi; Trypanosoma dionisii; ecological zones; genes; glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase; mammals; parasites; phylogeny; ribosomal RNA; surveys; Arctic region; Zambia
- ... Bat trypanosomes consist of more than 30 trypanosome species from over 70 species of bats. Recent studies suggest that bats play a role in disseminating trypanosomes from African continent to the terrestrial mammals both in the Afrotropic-Palearctic Ecozones and Nearctic Ecozone. However, the diversity, distribution, and evolution of bat trypanosomes are still unclear. To better understand their e ...
- Takada, Ayato, et al. Show all 15 Authors
- Ticks and tick-borne diseases 2019 v.10 no.2 pp. 328-335
- Cervus nippon; Ixodes persulcatus; Procyon lotor; RNA; blood serum; genes; infectious diseases; mice; monitoring; neutralizing antibodies; pathogens; phylogeny; public health; risk; screening; tick-borne diseases; ticks; tissues; viruses; wild animals; wildlife; Japan
- ... Recent discoveries of tick-borne pathogens have raised public health concerns on tick-borne infectious diseases and emphasize the need to assess potential risks of unrecognized tick-borne pathogens. First, to determine the existence of tick-borne phleboviruses (TBPVs), genetic surveillance of phleboviruses in ticks was conducted mainly in Hokkaido, the northernmost island in Japan from 2013 to 201 ...