Jump to Main Content
- Jaffer, Y. D.; Purushothaman, C. S.; Sanath Kumar, H.; Irfan, A. B.; Gireesh-Babu, P.; Ganie, P. A.; Bhat, R. A. H.; Vennila, A.
- Archives of microbiology 2019 v.201 no.7 pp. 951-967
- thiosulfates, etc ; Actinobacteria; Brevibacillus; Caldimonas; Chelatococcus; Geobacillus; Hydrogenophaga; Nitratireductor; Paenibacillus; bacteria; clones; gamma-Proteobacteria; genes; genetic markers; hot springs; new taxa; nucleotide sequences; oxidation; phylogeny; ribosomal DNA; ribosomal RNA; species diversity; sulfur; India; Show all 24 Subjects
- ... With the advent of new molecular tools, new taxa of sulphur-oxidising bacteria (SOB) in diverse environments are being discovered. However, there is a significant gap of knowledge about the ecology and diversity of SOB in thermal springs. Here, the species diversity and phylogenetic affiliations of SOB were investigated using 16S rRNA and functional gene marker, soxB in thermal springs of Thane di ...
- St. John, Emily; Liu, Yitai; Podar, Mircea; Stott, Matthew B.; Meneghin, Jennifer; Chen, Zhiqiang; Lagutin, Kirill; Mitchell, Kevin; Reysenbach, Anna-Louise
- Systematic and applied microbiology 2019 v.42 no.1 pp. 94-106
- thiosulfates, etc ; Desulfurococcaceae; H+/K+-exchanging ATPase; H-transporting ATP synthase; alcohols; amino acids; biosynthesis; coculture; enrichment culture; fatty acids; flagellum; genes; genomics; gluconeogenesis; glycolysis; hot springs; nucleotide sequences; pH; phylogeny; ribosomal RNA; sequence homology; sugars; New Zealand; Show all 23 Subjects
- ... Three thermophilic Nanoarchaeota-Crenarchaeota symbiotic systems have been described. We obtained another stable anaerobic enrichment culture at 80°C, pH 6.0 from a New Zealand hot spring. The nanoarchaeote (Ncl-1) and its host (NZ3T) were isolated in co-culture and their genomes assembled. The small (∼200nm) flagellated cocci were often attached to larger cocci. Based on 16S rRNA gene similarity ...