Jump to Main Content
- Butler, Victoria J.; Cortopassi, Wilian A.; Argouarch, Andrea R.; Ivry, Sam L.; Craik, Charles S.; Jacobson, Matthew P.; Kao, Aimee W.
- Journal of molecular biology 2019 v.431 no.5 pp. 1038-1047
- cathepsin D, etc ; fluorometry; genes; homozygosity; loss-of-function mutation; neurodegenerative diseases; neurons; pH; precipitin tests; Show all 9 Subjects
- ... Single-copy loss-of-function mutations in the progranulin gene (PGRN) underlie the neurodegenerative disease frontotemporal lobar degeneration, while homozygous loss-of-function of PGRN results in the lysosomal storage disorder neuronal ceroid lipofuscinosis. Despite evidence that normal PGRN levels are critical for neuronal health, the function of this protein is not yet understood. Here, we show ...
- Zhao, Tianyi; Lai, Duo; Zhou, You; Xu, Hanhong; Zhang, Zhixiang; Kuang, Shizi; Shao, Xuehua
- Ecotoxicology and environmental safety 2019 pp. 109512
- cathepsin D, etc ; Bactrocera dorsalis; Western blotting; absorption; apoptosis; azadirachtin; bioactive properties; body size; botanical insecticides; carbohydrates; cathepsin F; cathepsin L; cytochrome c; digestion; gene expression regulation; genes; intestines; larvae; lipids; lysosomes; metabolites; midgut; minerals; pest control; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; sequence analysis; signal transduction; staining; vitamins; Show all 30 Subjects
- ... Azadirachtin, a botanical insecticide with high potential, has been widely used in pest control. Azadirachtin has shown strong biological activity against Bactrocera dorsalis in toxicological reports, but its mechanism remains unclear. This study finds that azadirachtin A inhibits the growth and development of Bactrocera dorsalis larvae. The larval weights and body sizes of the azadirachtin-treate ...