Jump to Main Content
- González-Hein, Gisela; Gil, Isabel Aguirre; Sanchez, Rodolfo; Huaracan, Bernardo
- Journal of avian medicine and surgery 2019 v.33 no.2 pp. 141-149
- Aves polyomavirus 1; Beak and feather disease virus; beak; bird diseases; birds; feathers; genes; genetic variation; hosts; polymerase chain reaction; Chile
- ... Avian polyomavirus disease and psittacine beak and feather disease (PBFD) are both contagious viral diseases in psittacine birds with similar clinical manifestations and characterized by abnormal feathers. To determine the prevalence of Aves polyomavirus 1 (APyV) and beak and feather disease virus (BFDV) in captive, exotic psittacine birds in Chile, feathers from 250 psittacine birds, representing ...
- Liu, Bi Lin; Chen, Xin Jun; Wang, Xue Hui; Du, Fei Yan; Fang, Zhou; Xu, Luo Liang
- Marine & freshwater research 2019 v.70 no.3 pp. 417-425
- Ommastrephidae; beak; environmental factors; genetic variation; intraspecific variation; morphometry; multivariate analysis; sex determination; squid; Pacific Ocean; South China Sea
- ... In this study we investigated 745 specimens of purpleback flying squid Sthenoteuthis oualaniensis across a large distribution range to investigate geographic, intraspecific and sexual variations in beak morphology. Beak morphometric variables showed significant spatial and intraspecific differences (P<0.05), with samples from the north-western Indian Pacific Ocean and the South China Sea having th ...