Jump to Main Content
- Coriton, Olivier; Faye, Annie; Paux, Etienne; Lemoine, Jocelyne; Huteau, Virginie; Branlard, Gerard; Jahier, Joseph
- Molecular breeding 2019 v.39 no.3 pp. 32
- chromosome translocation, etc ; breads; breeding; durum wheat; genomics; genotyping; glutenins; in situ hybridization; loci; meiosis; molecular weight; single nucleotide polymorphism; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... High molecular weight glutenin subunits (HMW-GS) are well-known to directly influence the bread wheat quality. In a previous paper, our group reported the replacement of the locus Glu-A1 by the locus Glu-D1—allele Glu-D1a encoding the HMW-GS (2–12)—in a partial isohomoeoallelic lines of the French bread wheat variety cv. Courtot. We plan to exploit the novel translocated 1AS.1AL-1DL chromosome in ...
- Rasheed, Awais; Jin, Hui; Xiao, Yonggui; Zhang, Yan; Hao, Yuanfeng; Zhang, Yong; Hickey, Lee T.; Morgounov, Alexey I.; Xia, Xianchun; He, Zhonghu
- Journal of cereal science 2019 v.85 pp. 305-309
- chromosome translocation, etc ; alleles; breadmaking quality; breeding; chromosomes; gene overexpression; genetic markers; genotype; germplasm; germplasm screening; glutenins; hexaploidy; landraces; polymerase chain reaction; wheat; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... We developed and validated high-throughput Kompetitive Allele-Specific PCR (KASP) assays for key genes underpinning bread-making quality, including the wbm gene on chromosome 7AL and over-expressed glutenin Bx7OE (Glu-B1al) gene. Additionally, we used pre-existing KASP assay for Sec1 (1B.1R translocation) gene on chromosome 1B. The newly developed KASP assays were compared with gel-based markers f ...