Jump to Main Content
- Tenuta, Mario; Amiro, Brian D.; Gao, Xiaopeng; Wagner-Riddle, Claudia; Gervais, Matt
- Agricultural and forest meteorology 2019 v.276-277 pp. 107636
- perennials, etc ; Fabaceae; alfalfa; ammonium; annuals; barley; carbon; carbon dioxide; corn; crop rotation; environmental factors; faba beans; fertilizer rates; grasses; greenhouse gas emissions; greenhouse gases; manufacturing; nitrates; nitrogen fertilizers; nitrous oxide; nitrous oxide production; rapeseed; soil; soybeans; spring; spring wheat; Manitoba; Show all 27 Subjects
- ... Nitrous oxide (N2O) emissions were measured over 4 fields in Manitoba, Canada, continuously from 2006 to 2016 using the micrometeorological flux-gradient technique. The fields were divided into 2 treatments: 2 fields with a rotation of annual crops (corn, faba bean, spring wheat, rapeseed, barley, spring wheat, corn, soybean, spring wheat, soybean, soybean); while 2 fields had a four-year period w ...
- Clavijo, M. P.; Cornaglia, P. S.; Batisttella, A.; Borodowski, E.
- Agroforestry systems 2019 v.93 no.1 pp. 95-102
- perennials, etc ; C3 plants; Dactylis glomerata; Fabaceae; annuals; biomass; carrying capacity; cattle production; forage; forage production; grasses; grasslands; ground vegetation; herbaceous plants; income; livestock; pastures; plantations; river deltas; shade; silvopastoral systems; understory; winter; Argentina; Show all 24 Subjects
- ... In silvopastoral systems, the use of land for multiple purposes diversifies economic income and improves the stability of the system. If shading levels are medium or high, cattle production is often limited by the absence of one or more forage components of the herbaceous layer (such as perennial grasses). In the present study, we hypothesized that perennial C₃ cover is a major determinant of catt ...