Jump to Main Content
- Baillie, Brenda R.; Hicks, Brendan J.; Hogg, Ian D.; van den Heuvel, Michael R.; Kimberley, Mark O.
- Marine & freshwater research 2019 v.70 no.5 pp. 734-744
- Ephemeroptera, etc ; Coleoptera; Diptera; Plecoptera; Trichoptera; aquatic invertebrates; autumn; community structure; field experimentation; habitats; multidimensional scaling; spring; streams; New Zealand; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... To evaluate the effects of debris dams on aquatic invertebrate communities, we sampled benthic invertebrates in debris dams and riffles in three forested headwater streams in New Zealand. As part of a large-scale field experiment, debris dams were subsequently removed from three treatment sections in each of the streams to assess effects on invertebrate communities. Prior to debris dam removal, to ...
- Slimani, Noura; Sánchez-Fernández, David; Guilbert, Eric; Boumaïza, Moncef; Guareschi, Simone; Thioulouse, Jean
- Ecological indicators 2019 v.101 pp. 324-329
- Ephemeroptera, etc ; Coleoptera; Crustacea; Heteroptera; Mollusca; Odonata; Plecoptera; Trichoptera; aquatic ecosystems; cost effectiveness; environmental indicators; freshwater; habitats; macroinvertebrates; monitoring; prediction; species richness; surveys; Mediterranean region; Tunisia; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... The need to use surrogates of biodiversity is quite relevant in threatened habitats harboring high values of biodiversity, such as the Mediterranean aquatic ecosystems. In this study, we assess the performance of eight macroinvertebrate groups (Coleoptera, Heteroptera, Odonata, Trichoptera, Plecoptera, Ephemeroptera, Crustacea, and Mollusca) as surrogates of the whole aquatic macroinvertebrate ass ...