Jump to Main Content
- Wolters, Jan‐Willem; Reitsema, Rosanne E.; Verdonschot, Ralf C. M.; Schoelynck, Jonas; Verdonschot, Piet F. M.; Meire, Patrick
- Freshwater biology 2019 v.64 no.6 pp. 1131-1142
- Ephemeroptera, etc ; Egeria densa; Vallisneria spiralis; algae; allelochemicals; bacteria; bacterial growth; biofilm; biomass; calcium; calcium carbonate; epiphytes; exudation; grazing; habitats; leaves; macroinvertebrates; macrophytes; nutrient content; nutrients; sediments; snails; stoichiometry; surface area; Show all 24 Subjects
- ... Aquatic macrophytes can have a significant impact on their associated community of epiphytic algae and bacteria through the provisioning of structural habitat complexity through different growth forms, the exudation of nutrients and the release of allelochemicals. In turn, this effect on epiphytic biofilm biomass and nutrient content has a potential effect on the macroinvertebrates that depend on ...
- Fierro, Pablo; Valdovinos, Claudio; Arismendi, Ivan; Díaz, Gustavo; Jara-Flores, Alfonso; Habit, Evelyn; Vargas-Chacoff, Luis
- The Science of the total environment 2019 v.686 pp. 26-37
- Ephemeroptera, etc ; Diptera; Plecoptera; Trichoptera; algae; biomass; chlorophyll; cold-water fish; dry season; ecoregions; environmental factors; fish communities; forest plantations; forests; freshwater; habitats; indigenous species; introduced species; land use change; macroinvertebrates; multivariate analysis; streams; surveys; urban areas; warm-water fish; water quality; Chile; Show all 27 Subjects
- ... Changes in land-uses and cover are strong drivers of stream degradation worldwide. In Mediterranean ecoregions, land conversion from forest with native species to tree plantations, agricultural, and urban areas have drastically increased in recent years. Here, we examined the influence of land-use types on water quality (physical and chemical variables) and biota (benthic algae, macroinvertebrates ...