Jump to Main Content
- South, Eric J.; Edward DeWalt, R.; Cao, Yong
- Hydrobiologia 2019 v.829 no.1 pp. 323-340
- Ephemeroptera, etc ; Conservation Reserve Program; Plecoptera; Trichoptera; agricultural land; agricultural watersheds; aquatic insects; basins; conservation areas; conservation practices; dissolved oxygen; economic incentives; environmental factors; farmers; habitats; regression analysis; soil permeability; species diversity; streams; variance; Illinois; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... The Conservation Reserve Program (CRP) and the Conservation Reserve Enhancement Program (CREP) in the USA offer farmers government financial incentives to take erosive agricultural lands out of production. Many conservation practices are used along streams to improve habitat for stream biota. However, the ecological benefits of these programs to streams are yet to be demonstrated. This study inves ...
- Montag, Luciano F. A.; Leão, Híngara; Benone, Naraiana L.; Monteiro-Júnior, Cláudio S.; Faria, Ana Paula J.; Nicacio, Gilberto; Ferreira, Cristiane P.; Garcia, Diogo H. A.; Santos, Cleverson R. M.; Pompeu, Paulo S.; Winemiller, Kirk O.; Juen, Leandro
- Hydrobiologia 2019 v.826 no.1 pp. 263-277
- Ephemeroptera, etc ; Chironomidae; Plecoptera; Trichoptera; biodiversity; boats; coarse woody debris; conservation areas; environmental degradation; environmental factors; environmental impact; fish; habitats; human population; issues and policy; land use; landscapes; national forests; plant litter; riparian forests; streams; taxonomy; Amazonia; Show all 23 Subjects
- ... Streams of protected areas should be subjected to less environmental degradation than surrounding areas and consequently support greater aquatic biodiversity. To test this, 186 environmental and landscape variables were measured in 34 streams within the Caxiuanã National Forest (CNF) and its surrounding zone in the eastern Amazon. We expected that streams inside the CNF protected area would have m ...