Jump to Main Content
- Takata, Takanobu; Sakasai-Sakai, Akiko; Takino, Jun-ichi; Takeuchi, Masayoshi
- Nutrients 2019 v.11 no.7
- high fructose corn syrup, etc ; Lactobacillus; advanced glycation end products; beverages; blood serum; fatty liver; fructose; glucose; glyceraldehyde; humans; liver; males; patients; rats; toxicity; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Glucose/fructose in beverages/foods containing high-fructose corn syrup (HFCS) are metabolized to glyceraldehyde (GA) in the liver. We previously reported that GA-derived advanced glycation end-products (toxic AGEs, TAGE) are generated and may induce the onset/progression of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD). We revealed that the generation of TAGE in the liver and serum TAGE levels were h ...
- Mousavi, Zeinab E.; Mousavi, Mohammad
- Lebensmittel-Wissenschaft + [i.e. und] Technologie 2019 v.105 pp. 164-168
- high fructose corn syrup, etc ; Lactobacillus plantarum; antioxidant activity; beverages; fermentation; fermented foods; fructose; functional properties; glucose; high performance liquid chromatography; lactic acid; licorice; malic acid; metabolites; phenolic compounds; probiotics; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... In this study, the effect of probiotic fermentation by Lactobacillus plantarum on the chemical and functional properties of liquorice root extract was investigated. The samples were fortified with different concentrations of high fructose corn syrup and the changes in major metabolites including sugars and acids were analyzed by HPLC. The antioxidant activity and phenolic compounds were also monit ...