Jump to Main Content
- Gryschek, Ronaldo Cesar B., et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Acta tropica 2019 v.190 pp. 357-360
- Strongyloides stercoralis; Strongyloides venezuelensis; Western blotting; antigens; blood serum; humans; immunoglobulin G; patients; serodiagnosis; strongyloidiasis
- ... Immunocompromised patients constitute a risk group for the development of severe clinical forms of human strongyloidiasis. The diagnosis of this infection is primarily performed by parasitological techniques, but with low sensitivity. Serological techniques appear as an alternative, especially with heterologous antigens use. The aim of this study was to perform the Western blot technique by using ...
- Méndez, César, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Tropical animal health and production 2019 v.51 no.1 pp. 165-169
- Taenia solium; air; antibodies; antigens; cysticercosis; households; humans; risk factors; rural areas; seroprevalence; swine; villages; Venezuela
- ... The aim of this study was to assess transmission of Taenia solium cysticercosis in Palmarito Arriba, a small village in the rural area of the Portuguesa state of Venezuela, through (1) an evaluation of T. solium transmission risk factors present in the community and (2) serological detection of the secreted metacestode HP10 antigen (HP10 Ag) and of anti-metacestode antibodies in sera from rural pi ...