Jump to Main Content
- Oana Mititelu-Ionuș; Daniel Simulescu; Simona Mariana Popescu
- Environmental monitoring and assessment 2019 v.191 no.8 pp. 501
- European Union; agri-environmental policy; animal husbandry; beef; case studies; environmental assessment; environmental factors; fertilizers; fields; geographic information systems; groundwater; groundwater contamination; humans; land use; livestock; livestock production; models; nitrates; nitrogen; nonpoint source pollution; nutrients; pesticides; phosphorus; pollution control; soil permeability; soil texture; soil types; statistics; water resources; water table; Romania
- ... Diffuse pollution of water resources from agricultural sources is a major environmental issue in Europe. The nutrients released in groundwater from cultivated fields and livestock production, together with pesticides, are the main source of concern in the framework of the European Nitrates Directive (91/676/EEC). Southern Romania continues to represent one of the most important cereal production a ...
- Christian W. Klampfl
- Trends in analytical chemistry 2019 v.111 pp. 13-26
- biosolids; drug residues; environmental assessment; fertilizers; humans; irrigation; metabolites; sewage treatment; soil
- ... Residues of pharmaceuticals are ubiquitous in the environment, due to the increased use of drugs for treating humans and animals. If in agriculture water or biosolids from sewage treatment plants or manure from treated animals are used for irrigation or as a fertilizer respectively, drug residues may come into contact with plants. Subsequently these substances may be taken up, be translocated and ...