Jump to Main Content
- Lark, Tyler J; Larson, Ben; Schelly, Ian; Batish, Sapna; Gibbs, Holly K
- Environmental conservation 2019 v.46 no.2 pp. 155-162
- endangered ecosystems, etc ; Glycine max; Zea mays; aerial photography; alfalfa hay; corn; crop insurance; cropland; crops; grasslands; habitats; inventories; issues and policy; land cover; land use; landscapes; natural resources conservation; prices; renewable energy sources; satellites; soybeans; Minnesota; Show all 22 Subjects
- ... Unplowed native grasslands are among the most endangered ecosystems in the world, due in large part to their agricultural suitability and widespread conversion to cropland. Despite this, remaining locations of these species- and carbon-rich landscapes are neither well monitored nor effectively protected. A recent spike in US prices for corn (Zea mays) and soybeans (Glycine max) intensified incenti ...
- Carvallo, Gastón O.; Vergara-Meriño, Beatriz; Díaz, Angie; Villagra, Cristian A.; Guerrero, Pablo C.
- Biodiversity and conservation 2019 v.28 no.11 pp. 2805-2824
- endangered ecosystems, etc ; Pouteria; frugivores; fruits; genetic variation; habitats; landscapes; open space; phenotypic variation; species diversity; trees; vegetation; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... The loss of individuals in disturbed sites may be buffered by the presence of small natural features (SNFs), sites acting as ecological refuges preventing the loss of phenotypic variability and genetic diversity of plants. An important group of SNFs is rocky outcrops, singular geological formations that stand out from the surrounding matrix which could host a greater species diversity. We tested t ...