Jump to Main Content
- Keskin, Ş.; Şirin, Y.; Çakir, H.E.; Keskin, M.
- South African journal of botany 2019 v.120 pp. 170-174
- Humulus lupulus, etc ; 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl; Alzheimer disease; acetylcholinesterase; alpha-amylase; antioxidant activity; brewing industry; diabetes mellitus; enzyme inhibition; hops; inhibitory concentration 50; leaves; methanol; peptic ulcers; secondary metabolites; urease; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... Humulus lupulus L., known as hop, is used mostly in brewing industry. It is known that hops have some secondary metabolites having significant biological activities. As far as we know this is the first paper reporting urease, α-amylase and acetylcholinesterase inhibition activity of hop extracts. In this study, phenolic composition, antioxidant capacities, and some clinically important enzyme inhi ...
- Wong, Yong Foo; Yan, DanDan; Shellie, Robert A.; Sciarrone, Danilo; Marriott, Philip J.
- Chromatographia 2019 v.82 no.1 pp. 297-305
- Humulus lupulus, etc ; Asteraceae; Mentha piperita nothosubsp. piperita; Myrtaceae; Pittosporaceae; Rutaceae; botanical gardens; emissions; essential oils; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; genotype; headspace analysis; hybrids; leaves; multivariate analysis; plant extracts; screening; solid phase microextraction; spectrometers; Australia; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... Rapid on-site screening of biogenic volatile emissions from leaves of living plants is demonstrated, using headspace solid-phase microextraction (HS-SPME) with a portable gas chromatograph (PGC), fitted with a low-thermal mass (LTM) column equipped with a miniature toroidal ion trap mass spectrometer (ITMS). For field sampling, the study was conducted at the Royal Botanical Garden, Cranbourne, Aus ...