Jump to Main Content
- Chemisana, D., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- The Science of the total environment 2019 v.660 pp. 1576-1592
- ecological footprint; ecosystems; ecotoxicology; energy; environmental impact; environmental performance; global warming potential; human health; humans; landfills; life cycle assessment; manufacturing; plastics; prototypes; recycling; steel
- ... Building-Integrated Photovoltaic/Thermal (BIPVT) technology offers multiple advantages; however, these types of installations include materials such as Photovoltaic (PV) cells and metals which considerably influence BIPVT environmental impact. Therefore, there is a need to evaluate BIPVT environmental profile, for instance by means of Life Cycle Assessment (LCA). In light of the issues mentioned a ...
- Chemisana, D., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- The Science of the total environment 2019 v.658 pp. 1039-1055
- collectors; copper; ecotoxicology; electricity; eutrophication; freshwater; humans; life cycle assessment; longevity; manufacturing; neoplasms; propylene glycol; recycling; solar collectors; toxicity; France; Spain
- ... The purpose of the present article is the evaluation, by means of life cycle assessment, of a system which consists of vacuum-tube solar thermal collectors. The system is appropriate for building integration and it has been developed in France. The methods ReCiPe and USEtox have been adopted. Regarding life-cycle results, according to the scenario “without recycling” and for 30-year system lifespa ...