Jump to Main Content
- Pastore, Gláucia M., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Food research international 2019
- Plinia cauliflora; anthocyanins; antioxidant activity; bioactive compounds; formic acid; ingredients; liquid chromatography; mass spectrometry; pH; phenolic acids; phosphoric acid; qualitative analysis; raw materials; solvents
- ... Jabuticaba peel presents a high content of bioactive compounds such as phenolic acids, flavonoids, and anthocyanins, normally considered as a food residue. Nowadays, there is a great interesting in the recovery of bioactive compounds from food residue due to health benefits of the ingredients produced, environmental issues and economic aspects. For the success of phenolic compounds extraction, the ...
- Pastore, Glaucia M., et al. Show all 13 Authors
- Antonie van Leeuwenhoek 2019 v.112 no.3 pp. 479-490
- Cellulophaga fucicola; antioxidant activity; bacteria; beta-carotene; beta-cryptoxanthin; cold; cold zones; detectors; fibroblasts; high performance liquid chromatography; isomers; mass spectrometry; mice; photostability; phototoxicity; ultra-performance liquid chromatography; ultraviolet radiation; zeaxanthin; Antarctic region; Antarctica
- ... An iridescent yellow pigmented bacterium isolated from the Antarctic continent, named Cellulophaga fucicola strain 416, was found to be able to tolerate UV-B radiation. Its crude pigment extract was tested for antioxidant capacity, UV light stability and phototoxicity profile against murine fibroblast lines. The pigments were further isolated and chemically identified by ultra-high-performance liq ...