Jump to Main Content
- Hirano, Takashi, et al. Show all 18 Authors
- Agricultural and forest meteorology 2019 v.275 pp. 317-328
- aerodynamics; diurnal variation; dry season; eddy covariance; environmental factors; evaporation; evapotranspiration; models; momentum; seasonal variation; transpiration; tropical forests; turbulent flow; water vapor
- ... Tropical forests are responsible for the evaporation and transpiration of large quantities of water into the atmosphere annually. Surface conductance (gs) is a poorly understood phenomenon that plays a central role in regulating this evapotranspiration. We studied the calculations, variations, and environmental factors controlling gs based on eddy flux measurements from 10 tropical forest sites th ...
- Hirano, Takashi, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Forest ecology and management 2019 v.451 pp. 117529
- aboveground biomass; carbon; carbon sinks; climate change; climatic factors; coasts; eddy covariance; forest dynamics; forest ecosystems; grasses; leaf area; long term effects; mixed forests; model validation; models; natural regeneration; net ecosystem production; net primary productivity; tree height; trees; typhoons; windthrow; woody plants; Japan
- ... Large storms are a major source of natural disturbance in forest ecosystems in coastal regions of the world. With the changing climate, some climate projection models predict that storms will become stronger in the future, especially in the Northwest Pacific. Although the destruction of typhoons has a strong impact on the structure and carbon balance of forest ecosystems, leading to local climate ...