Jump to Main Content
- Mühr-Ebert, Elena L., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Applied geochemistry 2019 v.100 pp. 213-222
- calcium; carbonates; chemical composition; databases; environmental hazards; fluorescence emission spectroscopy; geochemistry; groundwater; ionic strength; magnesium; mining; models; pH; prediction; radioactivity; surface water; thermodynamics; uranium; uranyl ions; water purification; water resources
- ... Environmental hazards are caused by uranium mining legacies and enhanced radioactivity in utilized groundwater and surface water resources. Knowledge of uranium speciation in these waters is essential for predicting radionuclide migration and for installing effective water purification technology.The validity of the thermodynamic data for the environmental media affected by uranium mining legacies ...
- Ebert, Claire E, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- TheHolocene 2019 v.29 no.7 pp. 1234-1248
- calcium carbonate; carbon 14; lead; lowlands; models; paleoclimatology; radiocarbon dating; river valleys; spatial variation; stable isotopes; temporal variation; thorium; uranium; Belize
- ... Social and environmental changes had great spatiotemporal variability in the Maya Lowlands during the Classic and Postclassic Periods, and stalagmites promise high-resolution paleoclimate data that can refine our understanding of this complex time. Unfortunately, stalagmites in this region are often difficult to date by U-Th methods because of low initial uranium concentrations. Other dating techn ...