Jump to Main Content
- Woods, Ian; Black, Alexander; Jockenhoevel, Stefan; Flanagan, Thomas C.
- Biochemical and biophysical research communications 2019 v.512 no.2 pp. 156-162
- umbilical arteries, etc ; assays; biomimetics; contractile proteins; dye binding; elastin; extracellular matrix; fibrinogen; glass; humans; immunohistochemistry; myocytes; nanofibers; phenotype; protein synthesis; smooth muscle; tissue engineering; topography; transforming growth factor beta 1; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... The development of tissue-engineered vascular grafts (TEVGs) with a biomimetic extracellular matrix (ECM) structure, including a mature elastic network, remains a key challenge for the production of grafts with long-term functionality. The aim of this study was to investigate the influence of aligned nanofiber substrates on ECM protein synthesis by neonatal smooth muscle cells (SMCs), and to exami ...
- Yi, Bingcheng; Shen, Yanbing; Tang, Han; Wang, Xianliu; Li, Bin; Zhang, Yanzhong
- ACS applied materials & interfaces 2019 v.11 no.7 pp. 6867-6880
- umbilical arteries, etc ; actin; anisotropy; cell adhesion; cell proliferation; chemokine CCL2; desmin; gene expression; gene expression regulation; human umbilical vein endothelial cells; intercellular adhesion molecule-1; interleukin-6; materials science; migratory behavior; muscles; myocytes; myosin heavy chains; osteopontin; pathological processes and conditions; phenotype; smooth muscle; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... Electrospun uniaxially aligned ultrafine fibers show great promise in constructing vascular grafts mimicking the anisotropic architecture of native blood vessels. However, understanding how the stiffness of aligned fibers would impose influences on the functionality of vascular cells has yet to be explored. The present study aimed to explore the stiffness effects of electrospun aligned fibrous sub ...