Jump to Main Content
- Rodríguez-Gutiérrez, Guillermo, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- European journal of nutrition 2019 v.58 no.5 pp. 1847-1851
- antioxidant activity; antioxidants; chemical structure; diet; disease prevention; disulfides; lipid peroxidation; liver microsomes; olive oil; olives; phenol; rats; selenium; sulfur; thiols; vitamin E
- ... PURPOSE: The objective of this study was to evaluate the capacity of modified phenols synthesized from hydroxytyrosol, a natural olive oil phenol, specifically those containing a selenium or sulphur group, to inhibit lipid peroxidation. METHODS: The compounds’ abilities to inhibit lipid peroxidation in liver microsomes obtained from vitamin E-deficient rats were compared to hydroxytyrosol. RESULTS ...
- Rodríguez-Gutiérrez, Guillermo, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Innovative food science & emerging technologies 2019 v.55 pp. 11-17
- bioactive compounds; bioprocessing; byproducts; cellulose; extractors; heat treatment; humidity; liquids; olive oil; phenols; pomace; solid wastes; solubilization; steam; sugars; toxicity; waste utilization
- ... The development of thermal treatments is helping to optimize the management of waste generated by the two-phase olive oil extraction system. A new treatment reactor, based on the steam explosion system, has been scaled up to the industrial level and offers several physical and chemical advantages. The reactor has been adapted to work into the pomace oil extractors. Chemical advantages include the ...