Jump to Main Content
- Bera, Subhankar; De, Arnab Kumar; Adak, Malay Kumar
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, India, Section B: biological sciences 2019 v.89 no.1 pp. 291-301
- betaine-aldehyde dehydrogenase, etc ; aldehyde dehydrogenase; aluminum; betaine; cortex; dose response; enzyme activity; gene expression; genes; hydrogen peroxide; oxidative stress; protein synthesis; rice; root growth; superoxide anion; thiols; toxicity; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... The present study addresses the sensitivity of rice species to varying concentrations of Al toxicity. Aluminium salt for plants was used in increasing order (240, 360, 480 µM) during short period to decipher the impact of metal stress on metabolic status with reference to oxidative damages. Interestingly, plants responded well with increase in linear root growth. In a dose dependent manner of meta ...
- Banerjee, Aditya; Ghosh, Puja; Roychoudhury, Aryadeep
- Plant growth regulation 2019 v.88 no.1 pp. 87-97
- betaine-aldehyde dehydrogenase, etc ; betaine; channelization; cultivars; gamma-aminobutyric acid; gene expression regulation; isozymes; metabolites; multidimensional scaling; odors; osmotolerance; polyamines; proline; rice; salt stress; salt tolerance; seedlings; sodium chloride; stress tolerance; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... The metabolites like proline (Pro), Δ¹-pyrroline-5-carboxylate (P5C), methylglyoxal (MG), γ-aminobutyric acid (GABA), glycine-betaine (gly-bet) and polyamines (PAs) are known to be shared between and commonly utilized in the aroma production pathway and/or osmotolerance regulation pathway during environmental stress. In the present study, the responses of four popular indigenous aromatic rice vari ...