Jump to Main Content
- Li, Shuping; Lin, Mengmeng; Wang, Jinhui; Zhang, Liwei; Lin, Meijing; Hu, Zhenbang; Qi, Zhaoming; Jiang, Hongwei; Fu, Yongfu; Xin, Dawei; Liu, Chunyan; Chen, Qingshan
- Plant growth regulation 2019 v.87 no.1 pp. 69-82
- Phytophthora sojae, etc ; Glycine max; biotic stress; cultivars; genes; heat stress; leaves; roots; soybeans; stress response; sumoylation; transcription (genetics); Show all 12 Subjects
- ... Modification of protein substrates by small ubiquitin-related modifier (SUMO) plays a vital role in plants under biotic and abiotic stresses. However, its role in the stress responses of soybean (Glycine max (L.) Merrill) is poorly understood. In this study, we explored SUMOylation in soybean in response to Phytophthora sojae race 1 infection and heat shock. We selected two soybean cultivars for t ...
- Yan, Qiang; Si, Jierui; Cui, Xiaoxia; Peng, Hao; Chen, Xin; Xing, Han; Dou, Daolong
- Plant growth regulation 2019 v.88 no.2 pp. 139-149
- Phytophthora sojae, etc ; Nicotiana benthamiana; Phytophthora nicotianae var. parasitica; Verticillium dahliae; biochemical pathways; biosynthesis; catalytic activity; genes; lignification; lignin; lignin content; microarray technology; p-coumaric acid; pathogens; roots; soybeans; trans-cinnamate 4-monooxygenase; transcriptomics; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... Lignification is a key event in plant defense against pathogens. In the plant lignin biosynthetic pathway, cinnamate 4-hydroxylase (C4H) catalyzes the conversion of trans-cinnamic acid to p-coumaric acid. However, the potential role of C4H in plant defense remains elusive. In this research, a soybean C4H gene, GmC4H1, was identified via microarray-based comparative transcriptome analysis of genes ...