Jump to Main Content
- Valdez, Miguel; Chen, Chi-Farn; Chiang, Shou-Hao; Chang, Kang-Tsung; Lin, Ya-Wen; Chen, Yi-Fan; Chou, Yu-Chi
- Geocarto international 2019 v.34 no.2 pp. 133-148
- sustainable land management, etc ; coasts; conservation areas; geographic information systems; governance; land use change; monitoring; planning; prediction; probability; regression analysis; remote sensing; soil; topography; water conservation; Taiwan; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... Land use is changing at accelerated rates in Taiwan, and illegal land use change practices (ILP) are regularly observed within conservation areas. For this reason, we map high-potential areas of ILP within the Soil and water conservation zone (SWCZ) as an aid for effective land management and conducted an exploratory analysis of explanatory variables to evaluate their variability within ILP hot sp ...
- Gębka, Karolina; Bełdowska, Magdalena; Szymczak, Ewa; Saniewska, Dominika
- Ecotoxicology and environmental safety 2019 v.182 pp. 109434
- land management, etc ; bioavailability; buildings; coasts; combustion; drought; emissions; farms; fossil fuels; furnaces; halides; heat; leaching; melting; mercury; organic matter; rain; rivers; runoff; sediments; snow; soil; soil erosion; stream channels; sulfides; sulfur; temporal variation; vegetation; watersheds; Baltic Sea; Show all 30 Subjects
- ... Rivers represent the main source of mercury (Hg) in the Southern Baltic. Nevertheless, the concentration and proportion of individual Hg forms in rivers depend on the management of the river basin, as well as on the intensity of meteorological phenomena. Hence the aim of the present study was to determine the influence of drought and rains/intense rains on the content of labile and stable Hg forms ...