Jump to Main Content
- Quigley, Mark C.; Bennetts, Luke G.; Durance, Patricia; Kuhnert, Petra M.; Lindsay, Mark D.; Pembleton, Keith G.; Roberts, Melanie E.; White, Christopher J.
- Environment systems & decisions 2019 v.39 no.3 pp. 307-348
- scientists, etc ; case studies; decision making; earthquakes; experts; farming systems; industry; models; politics; pollution load; risk assessment; risk perception; stakeholders; uncertainty; universities; Great Barrier Reef; New Zealand; Queensland; Tasmania; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... This paper investigates how scientific information and expertise was provided to decision-makers for consideration in situations involving risk and uncertainty. Seven case studies from the earth sciences were used as a medium for this exposition: (1) the 2010–2011 Canterbury earthquake sequence in New Zealand, (2) agricultural farming-system development in North West Queensland, (3) operational fl ...
- Yost, M.; Sudduth, K.; Walthall, C.; Kitchen, N.
- Precision agriculture 2019 v.20 no.1 pp. 4-18
- scientists, etc ; educational institutions; industry; precision agriculture; public sector; research and development; researchers; stakeholders; sustainable agricultural intensification; Brazil; Canada; Germany; Israel; New Zealand; South Korea; United Kingdom; United States; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... Regular assessment of precision agriculture (PA) knowledge gaps and opportunities, of PA’s relationship to decision and sustainable agriculture, and of the roles of various research and educational institutions helps advance the development, use and adoption of this science. It also helps to limit redundancy in a science that is rapidly evolving. Such assessments were conducted during a 2016 round ...