Jump to Main Content
- Kozlowska, Justyna; Prus, Weronika; Stachowiak, Natalia
- International journal of biological macromolecules 2019 v.129 pp. 952-956
- sebum, etc ; European Union; aesthetics; aquatic ecosystems; biopolymers; color; cosmetics; industry; ingredients; markets; microbeads; peeling; pruritus; sodium alginate; starch; topography; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... Most peeling products (exfoliators) available on the market, used in cosmetic and aesthetic dermatology applications, contain synthetic microbeads as abrasive agents. After being released into the natural environment, these non-biodegradable microparticles have an adverse impact on it, especially on aquatic ecosystems. Cosmetics consisting of solid plastic particles will be prohibited in the Europ ...
- Lim, Sunhee; Shin, Jihye; Cho, Yunhi; Kim, Kun-Pyo
- Nutrients 2019 v.11 no.3
- sebum, etc ; adults; alcohols; beans; beverages; dairy products; eating habits; eggs; females; fish; food frequency questionnaires; food intake; fruits; grains; males; meat; nutrients; nuts; pH; potatoes; seeds; shellfish; starch; Show all 23 Subjects
- ... Sebum content, skin hydration and acidic skin pH are major factors in maintaining skin health. Various nutrients are reported to influence skin health, but the effect of dietary patterns (DPs) on skin health is unclear. In this study, we considered the DPs associated with these three skin health parameters in 84 healthy adults aged 19–37 years. Dietary intake was assessed using a food freque ...