Jump to Main Content
- Rocha, José Henrique T.; Menegale, Marcella L.C.; Rodrigues, Marcos; Gonçalves, Jose Leonardo de M.; Pavinato, Paulo S.; Foltran, Estela Couvre; Harrison, Robert; James, Jason N.
- Forest ecology and management 2019 v.437 pp. 295-303
- stemwood, etc ; Eucalyptus; acid phosphatase; enzyme activity; excretion; fertilizer application; harvesting; inorganic phosphorus; molecular weight; phosphorus fertilizers; plantations; soil; soil organic carbon; trees; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... Research has shown significant effects of timber harvest residue management on soil organic carbon (SOC), but less impact has been observed on the available P pool. The objectives of this study were: (1) to estimate the effects of different timber harvest intensities and P fertilization on soil labile P and P fate over time; and (2) to identify which soil P fractions supply P to Eucalyptus plantat ...
- le Maire, Guerric; Guillemot, Joannès; Campoe, Otavio C.; Stape, José-Luiz; Laclau, Jean-Paul; Nouvellon, Yann
- Forest ecology and management 2019 v.449 pp. 117443
- stemwood, etc ; Eucalyptus; absorption; allometry; biomass; canopy; clearcutting; forest ecosystems; genotype; harvest date; leaf angle; leaves; models; plantations; planting; prediction; radiation use efficiency; soil water; stand age; surveys; trees; Brazil; Show all 22 Subjects
- ... Stemwood productivity in forest ecosystems depends on the amount of light absorbed by the trees (APAR) and on the Light Use Efficiency (LUE), i.e. the amount of stemwood produced per amount of absorbed light. In fertilized Eucalyptus plantations of Brazil, growth is expected to be strongly limited by light absorption in the first years after planting, when trees can benefit from high soil water st ...