Jump to Main Content
- Belmar, Oscar; Bruno, Daniel; Guareschi, Simone; Mellado‐Díaz, Andrés; Millán, Andrés; Velasco, Josefa
- Freshwater biology 2019 v.64 no.5 pp. 1064-1077
- multivoltine habit, etc ; adults; aquatic communities; aquatic invertebrates; climate change; drought; eggs; ephemeral streams; floods; functional diversity; macroinvertebrates; models; rivers; synergism; univoltine habit; watersheds; Spain; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... Running waters in Mediterranean regions are strongly regulated by dams, which produce significant alterations to natural flow regimes. Climate change will reduce discharge and increase flow intermittence in Mediterranean streams, which will lead to an intensified flow regulation to meet water demands. Very little is known about how the functional features of aquatic communities vary along combined ...
- Garcia, André; Gonçalves, Hugo; Borowiec, Nicolas; Carlos Franco, José; Branco, Manuela
- Biological control 2019 v.131 pp. 1-7
- multivoltine habit, etc ; Closterocerus chamaeleon; Cynipidae; Eucalyptus camaldulensis; Eucalyptus globulus; adults; biological control; diapause; eggs; females; field experimentation; galls; hosts; larval development; leaves; oviposition; parasitism; parasitoids; summer; temperature; univoltine habit; winter; Europe; Mediterranean region; Southern European region; Show all 25 Subjects
- ... Ophelimus sp. (Hym: Eulophidae) is an Australian gall wasp newly found in Southern Europe forming galls on Eucalyptus globulus. A congeneric gall wasp O. maskelli, also established in the Mediterranean Basin, is currently controlled by the introduced parasitoid Closterocerus chamaeleon. To date, no parasitism was observed on Ophelimus sp. by C. chamaeleon. Here we analyze a possible escape from pa ...