Jump to Main Content
- Carvallo, Gastón O.; Vergara-Meriño, Beatriz; Díaz, Angie; Villagra, Cristian A.; Guerrero, Pablo C.
- Biodiversity and conservation 2019 v.28 no.11 pp. 2805-2824
- endangered ecosystems, etc ; Pouteria; frugivores; fruits; genetic variation; habitats; landscapes; open space; phenotypic variation; species diversity; trees; vegetation; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... The loss of individuals in disturbed sites may be buffered by the presence of small natural features (SNFs), sites acting as ecological refuges preventing the loss of phenotypic variability and genetic diversity of plants. An important group of SNFs is rocky outcrops, singular geological formations that stand out from the surrounding matrix which could host a greater species diversity. We tested t ...
- Manzano, Saúl; Carrión, José S.; García-Murillo, Pablo; López-Merino, Lourdes
- Biodiversity and conservation 2019 v.28 no.2 pp. 501-522
- endangered ecosystems, etc ; Pinus pinea; afforestation; biodiversity; coasts; dunes; highlands; land use change; landscapes; magnetism; national parks; paleoecology; palynology; seasonal wetlands; vegetation; Europe; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... Mediterranean seasonal wetlands are amongst the world’s most endangered ecosystems. Although seasonal wetlands’ conservation is a European continental-scale priority, their long-term ecological dynamics are not well known, hampering the detection of baseline conditions. However, a long-term ecological viewpoint could aid in the detection of spatiotemporal factors controlling wetland development. W ...