Jump to Main Content
- Singh, Narpinder, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- International journal of biological macromolecules 2019 v.131 pp. 147-157
- amylose; anhydrides; color; corn starch; emulsifying properties; gels; kidney beans; lipid content; mayonnaise; modified starch; particle size; potato starch; rice starch; separation; sweet potatoes; viscosity; waxy corn; wheat starch
- ... Wheat starch (WS), corn starch (CS), waxy corn starch (WCS), potato starch (PS), sweet potato (SP), rice starch (RS) and kidney bean (KB) were modified using octenyl succinic anhydride (OSA) and evaluated for various properties. Degree of substitution (DS) showed significant increase with increase in amylose (AM) content. OSA modified starches showed higher paste viscosities compared to their nati ...
- Singh, Narpinder, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of food processing and preservation 2019 v.43 no.7 pp. e13978
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; batters; canola oil; color; cottonseed oil; fatty acid composition; muffins; oxidative stability; polyunsaturated fatty acids; rice bran oil; saturated fats; soybean oil; sunflower oil; temperature profiles; thermal properties; vegetable oil; viscoelasticity; viscosity; water activity
- ... Fatty acid composition (FAC), thermal properties, viscosity, oxidative stability, and Fourier transform infrared (FTIR) spectra of canola oil (CNO), cottonseed oil (CSO), sunflower oil (SFO), rice bran oil (RBO), and soybean oil (SBO) were determined and their effect on eggless muffin characteristics was evaluated. Saturated (SFAs), mono (MUFAs), and polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs) were notice ...