Jump to Main Content
- Vincevica-Gaile, Zane; Stankevica, Karina; Irtiseva, Kristine; Shishkin, Andrei; Obuka, Vaira; Celma, Santa; Ozolins, Jurijs; Klavins, Maris
- Biomass and bioenergy 2019 v.125 pp. 23-33
- biochar; bioenergy; biomass; bulk density; burning; chemical analysis; compression strength; cost effectiveness; energy; environmental impact; extrusion; fertilizers; fly ash; forestry; freshwater lakes; granules; homogenization; leaching; organic matter; pellets; raw materials; recycling; sediments; soil; sustainable technology; wastes; wood; wood ash
- ... The main waste generated during the thermochemical processes of biomass burning used for bioenergy production in cogeneration plants are ash and biochar which can be used as fertilizers in forestry and agriculture. However, several difficulties are attributed to possibilities of practical exploitation of ash and biochar due to the transporting, handling and mode of application. Granulation of ener ...
- Madadian, E.; Akbarzadeh, A. H.; Orsat, V.; Lefsrud, M.
- Waste and biomass valorization 2019 v.10 no.3 pp. 721-732
- angle of repose; biofuels; bulk density; chemical analysis; composite wood products; feedstocks; gasification; image analysis; mechanical properties; modulus of elasticity; pellets; plastics; wastes; water content; wood fibers; wood residues
- ... The purpose of this study was to evaluate the physico-chemo-mechanical performance of composite wood residue pellets blended with plastic wastes as potential feedstocks for producing advanced biofuels through gasification technology. The composite pellets of wood fiber and plastics were compressed longitudinally and laterally using a universal testing machine to evaluate their mechanical propertie ...