Jump to Main Content
- Chen, You-Peng, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Critical reviews in environmental science and technology 2019 v.49 no.11 pp. 917-946
- bacterial adhesion; biodegradation; biosorption; electron transfer; microorganisms; polymers; wastewater treatment
- ... Microbial extracellular polymeric substances (EPS) determine the bacterial attachment and structural integration of microbial aggregates, and govern the binding, migration and transformation processes of substrate in extracellular microenvironment. The development of in situ characterization techniques is an interesting research topic to reveal the EPS functions. This review introduces the EPS-inv ...
- Chen, You-Peng, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Environmental technology 2019 v.40 no.12 pp. 1525-1533
- acetaminophen; activated sludge; adsorption; antibiotics; calorimetry; entropy; environmental factors; hydrophobic bonding; ionic strength; pH; polymers; proteins; sulfamethazine; titration; wastewater treatment
- ... The removal of antibiotics in biological wastewater treatment plants (WWTPs) has attracted an ever-increasing interest. Extracellular polymeric substances (EPS) play a crucial role in antibiotics’ bio-adsorption using activated sludge, but the interaction mechanism between antibiotics and EPS remains unclear. In this study, the thermodynamics of interactions between EPS and antibiotics (acetaminop ...