Jump to Main Content
- Fan, Guangsen, et al. Show all 13 Authors
- International journal of biological macromolecules 2019 v.128 pp. 354-362
- Penicillium janthinellum; acid tolerance; agricultural wastes; catalytic activity; corn cobs; disulfide bonds; endo-1,4-beta-glucanase; enzymatic hydrolysis; industry; mutants; polymers; temperature; thermal stability; xylanases; xylose
- ... In order to increase the thermostability and catalytic efficiency of acidophilic GH11 xylanase, two disulfide bonds were introduced into crucial region of the enzyme. The xylanase PjxA, from Penicillium janthinellum MA21601, has attracted considerable attention due to its favorable acid-resistance; however, its poor thermostability and low enzymatic hydrolysis efficiency limit its application. In ...
- Fan, Guangsen, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- BMC biotechnology 2019 v.19 no.1 pp. 51
- Penicillium janthinellum; disulfide bonds; feed industry; feeds; half life; hydrophobicity; mutagenesis; mutants; pH; thermal stability; xylanases
- ... BACKGROUND: A mesophilic xylanase PjxA from Penicillium janthinellum MA21601 has high specific activity under acidic condition and holds great potential for applications in the animal feed industry. To enhance the thermostability of xylanase PjxA, two mutation strategies in the N-terminal region were examined and then integrated into the xylanase to further improvement. The recombinant xylanase PT ...