Jump to Main Content
- Joseph Garcea, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Ecology of food and nutrition 2019 v.58 no.4 pp. 317-334
- food choices; food security; interviews; quality of life; refugees; Pakistan
- ... The present study comparatively assesses how Afghan refugees in Pakistan understand both the factors and barriers affecting their food security status before and after refuge. Through qualitative in-depth interviews with 25 Afghan refugee families, we assess how quality of life, together with perceptions of a balanced meal, food environments both pre- and post-migration and push and pull factors o ...
- Elena A.A. Garcea, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Palynology 2019 v.43 no.1 pp. 22-33
- Holocene epoch; archaeobotany; climate change; floods; foraging; grasslands; habitats; human settlements; humans; marshes; paleobotany; palynology; pastoralism; pollen; rivers; savannas; swamps; Nile River; Sudan
- ... The paper reports on a synthesis of pollen analyses and main archaeobotanical studies carried out on Early, Middle and Late Holocene sites from Sai Island in the Nile River (ancient Upper Nubia, present northern Sudan). Multidisciplinary archaeological studies focused on the transitions from hunting-fishing-gathering to pastoralism and later to agro-pastoralism in this area. New palynological data ...