Jump to Main Content
- N. N. Rodrigues; D. P. Vrisman; G. F. Rossi; A. P. Freitas; M. F. Zorzetto; L. L. Souza; A. R. Taira; W. R. R. Vicente; F. M. Monteiro; M. E. F. Oliveira
- Reproduction, fertility, and development 2019 v.31 no.1 pp. 201
- Nellore; biometry; bulls; seminal vesicles; testes; testosterone; transducers (equipment); ultrasonography
- ... The objective of this study was to determine the correlation between testicular and accessory sex gland measurements in Nellore (Bos taurus indicus) and Caracu (Bos taurus taurus) bulls. Bulls (n=282, including 203 Nellore from 12 to 61 months and 79 Caracu from 12 to 48 months) had their reproductive organs measured. Scrotal circumference was measured with a tape. Length (dorso-ventral) and diame ...
- B.V. Pires; N.B. Stafuzza; S.B.G.P.N.P. Lima; J.A. Negrão; C.C.P. Paz
- Livestock science 2019 v.230 pp. 103839
- Nellore; air temperature; beef cattle; blood sampling; blood serum; cell viability; cortisol; data analysis; environmental factors; enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay; gene expression regulation; genes; heat stress; heat-shock protein 90; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; relative humidity; statistical models; steers
- ... High temperatures cause elevation of both blood cortisol concentrations and rectal temperature, which induce the action of heat shock proteins (HSPs) to regulate cell viability against heat stress. The aim of this study was to verify the effects of high temperatures on physiological parameters and to evaluate the level of relative expression of the HSPD1 (heat shock protein family D (Hsp60) member ...